How does mattress cover work for bed bugs?
You may think that does mattress cover for bed bug really work? Then let me know you that this type of mattress cover re especially designed for protecting the mattress from bed bug. There are many benefits of this product, the main benefits of this product is that your mattress will be protected from pests laying eggs, and still be able to breathe. The encasement is made with material that will keep the mattress pest free. This things are especially made to keep you away from some of the worst problems. This is useful, because bed bugs can be incredibly problematic and leave you with bites and marks all over your body. This marks usually stays longer with you. Bed bug infestations can spread and can be difficult to get rid of.
There are many type of mattress cover that can help you to get rid of this problem. There are many product like vinyl, polyester etc. so some people think that these type of covers are made so that insects cannot crawl back up. But actual reason is not something like that, the most important element of the mattress cover is its density. Unlike some of absolute vinyl protector, that used to be slippery.
The density of mattress cover is the most important thing to fight against bed bug. The perfect bed bug mattress protector should be very dense so that it cannot go into the mattress. That is why the perfect mattresses should go through several lab test for parasite bite resistance.
After reviewing all the top brands available in the market, we’ve selected top 5 products in the comparison chart. We’ve spent hours to find the best match that can meet all the criteria for a cover that will help you get rid of the problem. So after all these examination we can assure that you can have a stress free sleep by using all these below mentioned mattress cover.
The Original Sleep Defense System – Waterproof / Bed Bug / Dust Mite Proof Protector
- It’s a waterproof cover.
- It is allergy resistance.
- It makes people sleep cooler.
LINENSPA Dust Mite Proof, Bed Bug Proof Mattress Protector
- It prevents allergy.
- This is great for kids.
- It is breathable.
Utopia Bedding Waterproof Zippered & Bed Bug Proof Mattress Cover
- This is vinyl, pvc free.
- This is fire resistance.
- It prevents dust mite.
SafeRest- Bed Bug, Dust Mite and Waterproof Mattress Cover
- It contains waterproof technology.
- This is great for asthma.
- It suits kids and pets.
SureGuard- 100% Waterproof, Bed Bug Proof, Hypoallergenic Cover
- It blocks perspiration.
- It is fire retardants.
- It doesn’t contain any toxic.
The Original Sleep Defense System – Waterproof / Bed Bug / Dust Mite Proof – PREMIUM Zippered Mattress Encasement & Hypoallergenic Protector.
The original sleep Defense System featuring extra-tough seam construction, high thread-count polyester knit fabric and a full 1ml thick polyurethane waterproof layer. The Ultra-plush knit fabric is soft to the touch. It is fully breathable-does not trap heat and is cool to sleep on.
It helps ease asthma and other respiratory symptoms by preventing allergens, dust mites and bacteria from reaching the sleeper. This encasement will accommodate a mattress height of 12″-18″. It is fully zippered on 3 sides and features Allergy Blocker to prevent allergens from exiting through the zipper. Bug Flap and Zipper Lock ensure that your mattress encasement remains bed bug proof for the life of your mattress. This comes with 5-year Limited Manufacturer’s Warranty.
Features and benefits-
- This is one of best polyester mattress cover.
- This mattress cover is 100% waterproof barrier on all 6 sides of mattress,
- It is independently lab-tested to be 100% Bed Bug Proof.
- Its zippered mattress cover stretches to fit any mattress depth from 12″ to 18″.
- Extra-soft 100% Polyester Knit fabric is cool and comfortable.
- Its breathable waterproof membrane won’t trap heat while you sleep.
- It help ease Asthma and other Respiratory conditions by blocking allergens as you sleep.
- It is waterproof as well and makes people sleep cooler.
- It is allergy resistance.
- Larger amounts of liquid, and liquid that is allowed to sit for more than a few hours may eventually seep through Protector in the form of liquid vapor.
- Liquids with Strong Odors may transfer odor to your mattress.
So for such cases if you want to use some kind of mattress cover that are especially made for bed bug prevention, you should take some points in consideration. There can be two ways to use it.
- You can use it to keep your mattress away from bed bug.
- You can use it to protection from bed bugs.
In this first case you can use it without doing anything, it doesn’t provoke any question, since this is a new mattress. In the second situation you need give some effort on your mattress to clean your old mattress first. If you already have some bed bugs in your mattress or in your box spring. There can be more signs of their existence like their faces, dead bodies, eggs etc. so you need to be careful in these cases. After all this you can put the mattress along with the mattress cover.
Ideal time to get rid of bed bugs with a perfect mattress covers?
Bed bugs leave their larvae inside the mattress and the larvae keeps on growing, and they spread their magic on you. The US Environmental Protection Agency says that you need to put a mattress at least for one year, so that they die without food and nutrition. After that you can expect such result. And then, as a preventive measure, you can use it on a regular basis.
In addition a perfect mattress cover will protect you from many thing that is harmful not only for your mattress for your health as well like dust mite and allergy problem. An ideal mattress can be used as hypoallergenic, waterproof and anti-bacterial. If you can research a bit then it is absolutely possible to get an amazing match that contain all of these mentioned qualities.
Best bed bug mattress cover review
LINENSPA Zippered Encasement Waterproof, Dust Mite Proof, Bed Bug Proof Breathable Mattress Protector.
LINENSPA protects your mattress from stains caused by liquid spill and keeps dust mites from reaching your mattress.A mattress encasement takes protection a step further, completely surrounding your mattress and zipping closed to protect all mattress surfaces from liquids and allergens, as well as blocking the passage of bed bugs. It contains a soft breathable fabric that is light weight fabric with plenty of airflow preserves the comfort of your mattress. This cover is waterproof, bed bug proof, dust mite proof that keeps your mattress clean by blocking out the things you don’t want on it. Its zipper encasement ensures liquids and bed bugs can’t reach any mattress surface.
Features & benefits
- It is a polyester bed bug proof mattress cover.
- Its thin, quiet waterproof barrier protects all six sides of the mattress from fluids and spills.
- The vinyl free materials are safe for kids.
- This is machine washable encasement has a zippered closure for a comfortable secure fit on mattresses up to 12″ deep.
- This is fully encases the mattress with a smooth, lightweight fabric to form a reliable barrier against bed bugs, dust mites and allergens.
- Its soft, breathable fabric creates a cooler, more comfortable sleep surface.
- It has no crinkling sound or plastic feel in the cover.
- Queen size mattress protector measures 60″ x 80″.
- This mattress cover is great for kids.
- It prevents allergy.
- Plastic feel not absolutely noiseless.
Utopia Bedding Waterproof Zippered Mattress Encasement – Bed Bug Proof Mattress Cover.
This cover is made with knitted polyester fabric. This waterproof mattress encasement provides you with the perfect blend of protection with peaceful sleep. The synthetic polyester material is extra thick to ensure complete bed bug protection. It has bite proof and escape proof qualities that you are looking for so that bed bugs cannot bite through the mattress. Moreover, the knitted polyester fabric is adequately stretchable for easy installation and fitting, giving you a comfortable feel while you sleep calmly. This mattress encasement features impermeable TPU backing that provides protection on all 6 sides of the mattress. This makes it ideals for most situations such as when you want to protect your mattress from perspiration stains or from other bodily fluids and incontinence. The TPU backing (polyurethane membrane) is not only waterproof but also breathable. This allows heat and moisture to breathe through while blocking off stains, liquids, and otherbacterias from bed mattress. This is dust Mite and Bed Bug Proof with Hypoallergenic Barrier.
Features & benefits:
- This is a polyester cover.
- Zippered cover with velcro zip guard secures the mattress from 360 degrees and keeps bedbugs from entering or escaping.
- This is stretchable knitted polyester fabric fits the mattress easily and gives a comfortable feel.
- This is PVC / vinyl free waterproof TPU backing on all sides resist any leakage into the mattress.
- This is preferable for allergy sufferers and asthma patients.
- This mattress encasement let you sleep comfortably at night without the worry of runny eyes or stuffy noses.
- This prevents dust mites are microscopic creatures, invisible to eyes that majorly causes these allergies or asthma.
- We are proud to offer material free from harmful substances that makes our mattress protectors 100% waterproof is a TPU film.
- This protector provides an impervious cover that keeps skin cells out of mattress and provides barrier against allergens and dust mites.
- The cover is also free from Vinyl, PVC, Phthalates, fire retardants and other toxic chemicals.
- This can be a negative thing for cotton lover.
- Sometime it feels saggy.
SafeRest Premium Zippered Mattress Encasement – Lab Tested Bed Bug Proof, Dust Mite and Waterproof – Breathable, Noiseless and Vinyl Free (Fits 9 – 12 in. H) – Queen Size
This encasements were specifically designed and lab tested for complete bed bugs and allergy protection. Combining cutting edge Micro-Zippers along with breathable bed bug and allergen proof fabric. This has hypoallergenic Soft Cotton Terry Surface Breathable, Cool and Noiseless. To keep our encasements cool and noiseless, the surface material is made with hypoallergenic soft cotton terry back coated with a breathable 100% waterproof membrane layer. Our premium cotton terry naturally absorbs moisture and is completely noiseless. It has an exclusive 360 Secure Velcro Flap with Exclusive Micro-Zipper.SafeRest encasements contain no vinyl, phthalates, flame retardants or PVCs.
Features & benefits:
- It protects against bed bugs, allergens, bacteria, dust mites, perspiration, urine and fluids.
- This contains a hypoallergenic cotton terry surface naturally absorbs moisture.
- Its breathable membrane allows airflow while repelling liquids.
- Its micro-zipper technology for the ultimate bed bug protection.
- It is 360 degree secure design prevents accidental openings.
- It surrounds and protects the mattress on all six sides.
- It’s completely water proof and noiseless.
- Great for asthma, eczema and allergy sufferers.
- It prevents bed bugs from entering or escaping.
- Provides real health benefits for allergy and asthma triggers.
- Those who perspire while sleeping or have children, pets or incontinence will also benefit from SafeRest’s waterproof technology.
- Complaints of not being completely waterproof.
Queen (17-20 in. Deep) SureGuard Mattress Encasement – 100% Waterproof, Bed Bug Proof, Hypoallergenic – Premium Zippered Six-Sided Cover.
This mattress cover is super fine zipper with Invisi-Zip and SureSeal technology. It is completely sealed off your mattress from bed bugs. This is best used with SureGuard Pillow Protectors and a SureGuard Box Spring Encasement. This is 100% Waterproof cover that provides six-sided premium protection against night sweats, urine, liquids and stains keeping the entire mattress fresh and clean. This is Bed Bug Proof. And it gives AllergicRelief and blocks common allergens like dust mites, pollen, pet dander, mildew and mold. It is soft, noiseless and thin.Its 100% cotton terry top provides a soft comfortable sleep space, without changing the feel of your mattress. This cover is breathable and cool. Its advanced membrane repel liquids, but allows air and heat to flow through to make it perfect for memory foam, and keeping any bed cool and dry.
Features & benefits-
- It is made by terry cotton.
- It is 100% WaterproofSix-sided premium mattress protector blocks perspiration, bed wetting, liquids and stains.
- Bed Bug Proof Super fine zipper with Invisi-Zip and SureSeal technology completely seals off the mattress from bed bugs – use with a SureGuard Box Spring Encasement.
- It is hypoallergenic blocks dust mites, allergens, bacteria, mildew and mold.
- It is soft & noiseless and contain 100% cotton terry top that wicks away moisture, retains the feel of your mattress.
- It doesn’t contain any Vinyl, PVC, and Phthalates in the mattress cover.
- It is fire retardants and other toxic chemicals free.
- It is independently lab tested and GREENGUARD Gold certified.
- This cover is made with all the finest materials.
- It is great for asthma patient.
- It is a waterproof one but for long time it eventually seeps into the mattress.
How to pick mattress covers for bed bugs?
There are many things that you can do to make you get the most out of these mattress, so it pays to look at reviews from people who have used them. The aim of this article is to get the overall idea about its problem and solution as well.
- Density- as we have already discussed that density of the cover is one of the most important thing that we need to take in consideration. Density is something that can make your cover worthy. The denser it is, the better it will work. Everyone who are thinking to buy such thing should remember this element. We can advise that go for some polyester cover that have a pleasant touch feel and won’t let bed bug go into the bed.
- Mattress zipper- when you are trying to choose a mattress cover that can protect you from bed bug then definitely take into consideration the zipper part. As the zipper part prevents the bed bugs to enter into the mattress. The cover should have very small teeth that to prevent any small insect to go into the bed. It should be well fitted and well zipped.
- Chemical free – there are many mattress covers available in the market but it’s very hard to find a chemical free covers. Chemical effects your health badly. So you should avoid the chemical portion as much as you can. Find a mattress cover that has less chemical elements or no chemical effect.
- Cover size- As Mattresses and box springs vary so greatly, so many people end up purchase an encasement that doesn’t quite fit the way that they thought it would be. Be careful when you are buying a mattress cover for bed bugs. As size of a mattress cover is an important aspect to consider. It’s better to have a cover that fits your mattress properly.
- Fraud– millions of mattress cover says that they offer excellent protection from bed bugs. Don’t go with the words. Before buying a mattress cover you need to know the exact elements that should contain in an effective cover. So be aware of fake announcement. Many product says that their product is absolutely vinyl free, but actual scenario is not that. They also claim that their mattress is water proof but actually it doesn’t prevent your mattress cover from water.
So we would recommend you that do some worthy research to get the best mattress cover especially made to prevent bed bugs.
Bed bug- the danger. Do Bed Bugs spread diseases?
Bed bugs don’t give as such disease but they bite. They don’t carry any harmful diseases or bacteria but they make you suffer in many ways.The most common health issue is related to the itching that often comes along with bed bug bites. Many people experience red bumps or welts on their skin within a couple of days of a bed bug attack. The bumps or welts look very similar to a mosquito bite but tend to stay with the afflicted person much longer, often two weeks or more. These bites can itch incessantly, and scratching is inevitable. Where the danger comes in. Excessive etching can cause damage to the skin that may allow the introduction of any infection, take drastic situation so it becomes very dangerous. Taking reasonable care and controlling the urge to scratch can prevent more serious reactions, but if there is any indication of infection – such as persistent redness or other common indicators – you should consult a doctor for an evaluation.
You can have rashes, scars, and many red mark on your body. And these marks are not so easy to remove, they might take months to reduce. Bed bugs bit can end up with dangerous result like one can end up with depression and sleep deprivation etc. In some cases, the reaction may take up to a week or two, and some people do not react at all
As bed bug sucks blood so this can be always be a threat to people. This can make you feel seek. The infections can result swelling and bleeding. This infections are more likely to develop in the children, and in the elders who have weak immune system, and the infections also develop to those who are exposed to numerous bed bug bites.
There are many people who are allergenic from some bacteria that brings bed bug. That can make some breathing problem as well. Here we are providing all the possible details about bed bugs and how to get rid of it. People regularly deal with this problem.
So the main reason for this section is to make you aware for bed bugs effect. So take bed bug seriously as they can make you feel worst while sleeping and after bed time as well.
I guess now you all know that what is bed bug and what is its effect. How your mattress can get damaged by their effect. So this is the high time to take appropriate decision for you and your mattress. Everything needs to be protected by its suitable protector. There are many bed bug protector for the mattress in the market. As you know there are many non-effective mattress that are only a cover, so they only can protect your mattress from any kind of dust but it won’t be able to take the perfect protection for your mattress that you want. We have already suggested the best five